Condemned: Criminal Origins allows players to experience a heightened level of psychological tension as they use their instincts, forensic tools, and melee combat to track serial killers and bring them to justice. Gamers will play as Agent Thomas, an investigator in the FBI’s Serial Crimes Unit (SCU), whose pursuit of relentless serial killers leads him through urban environments filled with sociopaths lurking on the periphery of humanity. Weapons and ammunition are scarce, leaving the player vulnerable to a gallery of mentally deranged criminals. Careful detective work and precision reflexes are a player’s primary means of survival.
- First-person view gives maximum visceral effect
- Next-generation lighting, mapping, and filtering techniques provide for environments of unprecedented detail and visual quality
- Intelligent enemies respond strategically to your offensive and defensive maneuvers
- High-level physics allow players to manipulate background items, which respond realistically when picked up, kicked, or bumped
- A tightly wound story is backed with strong character development and major plot twists
- Meticulously crafted 5.1 surround sound